Creamy Wrap Recipe with Avocado and White Bean
White beans mashed with ripe avocado and blended with sharp Cheddar and onion makes an incredibly rich filling for this wrap. The tangy, spicy slaw adds crunch while the distinct flavors of cilantro and chile sauce are a healthy way to add flavor.
Serve with tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole for an indulgent, satisfying yet nutritious dinner. Make extras for a delicious and portable lunch! (From Eating Well)
Creamy Avocado & White Bean Wrap
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, (or a dash of chipotle pepper with an extra dash of cider vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps, or tortillas
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
“Enjoy Healthy” with results that last a lifetime,
BEYOND body mind spirit NYC
P.S. Please pass this to anyone you care about by “liking” my Facebook page. It has events, great health tips, and yummy recipes.