Yes, you read that right. You can get FREE drugs- better than those from Big Pharma- straight from your garden or potted plant! Don’t believe it? Read on.
- Can’t sleep? Try lemon balm.
- Suffer from anxiety? Try lemon balm.
- Want to boost your immune system? Try lemon balm.
- Cold sore? Try lemon balm.
- Also good for fevers, indigestion, gas and bloating.
There are thousands of herbs like lemon balm that work like magic.
- Tamarind- A flavor in many cuisines, its pulp is used to treat liver problems and can help alleviate the symptoms of alcohol overdose. In India, as a drink it treats fevers; gargled it treats a sore throat.
- Turmeric- Containing a powerful antioxidant, curcumin, it reduces inflammation, relieving aches, pains and stiffness. (recipe below)
- Ginger- Great for fighting colds, it gives your immune system a boost.
- Foxglove- Is one of today’s most powerful pharmaceutical remedies for congestive heart failure.
- Willow- Is the source of the chemical on which modern aspirin is based.
Not only are herbs effective, these “Wild Medicines” are safe, unlike the dangers Big Pharma must disclosure in their TV ads: stop using “x” if you experience a decrease or loss of hearing and vision, difficulty breathing or swallowing, internal bleeding, higher chance of pneumonia, increased head aches, back aches and muscle aches, inflammation of the pancreas, drop in blood pressure, thoughts of suicide, etc.!
When I hear it on TV, I cringe and ask myself, “is this a joke?” Apparently not.
So next time you want relief of aches, pains and stiffness, consider trying a natural anti-inflammatory drink using turmeric. Yogi Bhajan served it to us after 12+ hours of yoga and it truly worked like magic.
Anti-Inflammatory Golden Milk (1 serving; suggest at least doubling it to enjoy the benefits of a few cups)
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup water
1 cup milk
2 tbsp almond oil (optional)
Directions: Boil water and turmeric in small saucepan over medium-high heat for 8 minutes (the turmeric must be fully cooked.) Meanwhile, bring milk and almond oil (if using) to boil point in a separate saucepan and remove from heat. Combine the two mixtures and add honey to taste.
Here’s to taking your health into your own hands!
BTW: Pictures by Gabriella Potievsky taken at the New York Botanical Gardens during their exhibit, “Wild Medicine: Healing Plants Around the World.”