How to Be The BBQ King or Queen This Memorial Day
– Instead of using white buns use wheat or multigrain buns. (Wheat breads are full of fiber, vitamins B6 and E, magnesium, zinc, folic acid and chromium!)
– Add some vegetables to the barbeque like corn on the cob by putting them on skewers (or for juicer corn, keep the husks on, soak them in water for 20 min, then throw ‘em on the grill!)
– If you enjoy corn on the cob with butter, try to use 1 tablespoon instead of 2! (That’s a 102 calorie difference!)
– A “red, white and blue” fruit bowl with strawberries or raspberries, blueberries or blackberries, and bananas or coconut (or on a plate in the shape of the American flag).
If you’re more adventurous, here is my infamous salad that is always a crowd pleaser:
– Lettuce (the darker the healthier!)
– 2 Tomatoes
– 1 Cucumber
– 1 Peach or Mango (or both!)
– 1/2 cup Onions (optional)
– 1/2 cup Pine Nuts (or Walnuts)
– 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
– 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
– 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
Wash all vegetables. Cut tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and peach or mango into bite-size pieces. Toss into a bowl with lettuce. Add pine nuts. Top it off with olive oil and squeeze some fresh lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste! Mix well and add cut-up feta cheese on top.
Once just the average American barbecue man, your dad will now be the neighborhood BBQ King.
P.S. Frustrated with weight loss only to have weight gain? We can help you achieve a permanent bikini body all year ‘round with the satisfaction guarantee of long-lasting results (try to get this guarantee anywhere else!). Mention this blog and get 20% OFF! Click Here.
P.P.S. “LIKE” us on Facebook to get tips straight to your News Feed!