How to Stop Overeating
According to scientists, we humans are genetically programmed to eat all of the food we “see.” That means if you eat ice cream straight from the container or chips straight from the bag, you always eat more than you wanted. It’s also why many people tend to overeat at buffet-style restaurants.
To overcome such “see food” overeating, here are a few simple but powerful suggestions:
- Put your snack in a bowl or plate versus eating out of the bag
- At a buffet, vow to use 1 plate
- Eat slowly by eating with your non-dominant hand, trying chopsticks, and chewing at least 20 times. This gives your stomach time to tell your brain when it’s full which takes 12 minutes.
- Don’t eat past 7 PM. It is unlikely to be burned off and more likely to turn into fat.
- When you have an indulgent craving, don’t deprive yourself. Instead, just eat smarter and carry healthy treats. For example, if you love chocolate, switch to dark chocolate and benefit from its antioxidants and lower sugar content than milk chocolate. This way you satisfy your craving while skipping the sugar crash and waistline bulge.
Interested in more suggestions that are perfect for you? Each year do you find it more difficult to stay with your New Year’s resolutions?
Then once and for all build a strong foundation of new habits that actually meet the desires in your heart. Once and for all stop asking ice cream to eliminate loneliness, or anger to hide your fear, or wine to help you forget disappointment.
Join our next 30 Day Self Care Program. You will meet with me privately to start creating your personal formula for long term success and put it into action immediately. You’ll have on-going support every step of the way, plus weekly gatherings to leverage our group energy.
In summary, this is a program where you feel good about yourself, and build a plan, realistic goals, and a lifestyle that enable you to be healthy, happy and fit for the rest of your life.
The 30 Day Self Care Program is only $97 – the first of our 90 day course. Bring family or a friend- a life changing and long lasting gift- and it’s only $67 each. Dates are Thursdays, January 5, 12, 19, 26 from 6 – 7:30 PM.
Space is limited to 11 people so don’t miss making 2012 the best year ever. Simply email me, write “YES to Long Term Success” in the subject line, and give me a few days and times that we can speak and finalize arrangements.
As always, you have my total support to make happen what you want.
“Enjoy Healthy” with results that last a lifetime,
BEYOND body mind spirit NYC www.BeyondBodyMindSpirit.com
P.S. If you know someone who could use more self love, forward this to them. It’ll be the best New Years present ever.