“Positively impact your bottom line”
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services report revealed that at worksites with exercise programs as components of their wellness programs, healthcare costs decreased from 75 to 55%, short-term sick leave was lowered from 38 to 32%, and productivity increased from 50 to 52%.
Why Corporate Wellness?
Corporate Wellness is an investment in your company’s most valuable resource, your employees. When they feel physically and mentally well, workers’ performance increase. When productivity improves, sick days are reduced, and worker morale increases which translates into a decrease in turnover. (Research performed by Signa indicates that those enrolled in Corporate Wellness programs are 3 times less likely to leave, and in some cases up to 10 times less likely to leave.) Plus, higher quality workers are attracted to companies where the employer values them.
Corporate wellness programs have been an effective tool in slowing the growth of health care costs. By reducing common aches and pains and illnesses, health plan utilization is lowered resulting in a significant healthcare cost savings.
Healthy employees cost you less. Johnson & Johnson’s leaders estimate that wellness programs have cumulatively saved the company $250 million on health care costs over the past decade; from 2002 to 2008, the return was $2.71 for every $1 spent. (And that’s even less than other companies ROI as seen in this chart.)
What does our Corporate Wellness Program include?
- Health Education. We provide a multi-prong approach- including multi-sensory direct experiences- to create a strong foundation for new skill development. Whereas most programs educate people only on how to address their symptoms, we help people change their lifestyle which translates into more meaningful and longer lasting change. (Plus, education adds innovation to your business!)
- Immediate Relief. The greatest barrier to change is the unyielding nature of old habits to new ones. We have found that by providing immediate relief from physical conditions, for example, aches and pains, lack of sleep, or low energy, people are motivated and encouraged to continue pursuing healthier choices for the long-term.
- On-Going Support. We provide your employees with 24/7 access to How-To Guidelines and At Work-At Home Videos. We have found that limiting access to a timeslot during the day- only AM, PM or lunchtime- people are not able to maintain their practice, stop progressing and often quit.
- Critical Feedback. We all have blind spots and often cannot “see” what is holding us back. Throughout our program, people have opportunities to receive immediate feedback so they can apply the learning directly to their lives, make the necessary changes and enjoy the benefits of better outcomes.
- A Culture of Accountability. Without responsibility and accountability, people lack a clear yardstick to measure their success and the power to accomplish their goals. We create and integrate a culture of accountability that fosters enhanced communication, a positive perspective, outside-the-box problem solving and bold creativity.
- Assessment and Evaluation. If you don’t measure it, you can’t change it, so throughout the program, employees track their progress. We utilize a series of measurement tools to provide each company with reports that monitor the program’s effectiveness and the ROI on your investment.
What makes us different?
There are many reasons why our services are superior to other companies.
- We focus on the entire person- physical, mental, and emotional.
- We root out the sources of stress, not just the symptoms.
- We maximize results by having buy-in from every employee of your company.
- We listen to ensure our programs are customized to your individual needs.
- We bring best practices that guarantee long-term benefits.
- We have worked with various sized organizations, delivering results in the most efficient and effective way possible for each.
- Decrease sick days
- Reduce health conditions like pain, anxiety, and blood pressure
- Lessen stress for greater mental clarity and problem solving
- Improve productivity and efficiency
- Increase confidence and resolve
- Create a more positive work climate through enhanced relationships
The cost of incorporating our program will be far less than the high costs associated with lost productivity, low morale, and increased illnesses.
As reported by Harvard Business Review, doctors Richard Milani and Carl Lavie demonstrated: of those classified as high risk (according to body fat, blood pressure, anxiety, and other measures), 57% were converted to low-risk status by the end of a six-month program. Furthermore, medical claim costs had declined by $1,421 per participant, compared to the previous year. The bottom line: every $1 invested in the intervention yielded $6 in health care savings. December 2010
And that’s nicely consistent with 144 other studies conducted as seen on this chart.
Where to Start
We understand the hesitation to spend money to save money. So we suggest businesses start small yet smart.
As one of the top determinants to employees’ health status, stress ranks high, exerting a huge impact on the body and brain. We have seen first hand its debilitating effects and corroborate findings from one of the nation’s largest health insurance companies.
According to data from Aetna’s research on stress in the workplace, people with the highest levels of stress spend more on medical costs annually. When comparing people with the lowest stress compared to those with the highest stress, $2,000 was saved annually in health care costs.
Let’s set up a small test so you can experience the benefits first hand!
To get started, call me at (212) 889-4986 or e-mail me at MRisa@BeyondBodyMindSpirit.com.
I look forward to talking with you.
P.S. We’re also active at corporate health fairs, such as Reuters, Mitsubishi, Intercontinental Barclay Hotel, United Way and Girl Scouts. If you’d like to see us in action and take a free “test drive”, invite us to your next health fair!