Save Money on Food
Money is tight for many of us. So here are great tips that will keep you within your budget and show you how to buy nutritious food for less.
Also, keeping your immune system strong by eating healthy foods is far, far cheaper than the pain and expense of contracting a disease.
1. Raspberries from the produce section- switch to raspberries in the frozen section
2. 6-ounce yogurt cups- switch to 32 ounce carton of yogurt and just add honey and nuts
3. Bottled water, juice and soda- switch to filtered water or seltzer flavored with lemon or lime
4. Ready meals in boxes or cans- switch to beans, lentils, or rice (Tip: to make cooking time faster, soak them overnight in water)
5. Bottled salad dressing- switch to olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper (Tip: apple cider vinegar is cheap and a great de-tox)
6. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts- switch to a whole chicken
7. Pound of steak- switch to half-pound of the same and add rice, potatoes or corn
8. Boxed cold cereal- switch to bulk or bagged whole-grain flakes
9. Bag of frozen oven fries- switch to a bag of baby potatoes
10. Bottled tea- switch to loose-leaf green tea, mint leaves and other herbs
11. Double or triple your normal recipes and freeze the leftovers for another quick meal
12. Shop at your local Farmer’s Market- it’s cheaper and much fresher
Plus, want to know how to feel full and stay thin? (There’s a powerful 3-step process.)
And want to know a 3-minute exercise that will strengthen your digestive system so you get more of the nutrients from your food to keep your immune system strong?
Watch our latest TV show on Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN):
- Saturday, September 17th at 6:30 PM on the following channels:
If you have Time Warner Cable- 57, RCN- 84, FiOS- 35.
You’ll also hear about a 55% OFF Special Offer that will jump start you on your way!
Missed the show? Just email me. I’ll share the tips and honor our Special Offer!
Beyond Body Mind Spirit NYC