Save Money with These Easy Food Swaps
Money is tight for many of us these days and it’s easy to be tempted to fill your shopping cart with less healthy, cheaper fare.
Trouble is, downgrading the quality of your food is never a bargain. It’s just way too expensive to lower your immune system and succumb to an avoidable health condition by eating poorly!
So don’t scrimp on the good stuff…just follow a few of these food swaps and shop smarter
1. Raspberries from the produce section…swap for raspberries from the frozen section
2. 6-ounce yogurt cups…swap for a 32-ounce carton of yogurt and add honey and nuts
3. Bottled water, juice and soda…swap for filtered water flavored with a squeeze of lemon or lime
4. Ready meals in boxes or cans…swap for quick-cooking staples like beans, lentils, rice (Tip: to make cooking time faster, soak them overnight.)
5. Bottled salad dressing…swap for olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper
6. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts…swap for a whole chicken
7. Pound of steak…swap for half-pound of same and use the same flavor in rice or potatoes
8. Boxed cold cereal…swap for bulk or bagged whole-grain flakes
9. Bag of frozen oven fries…swap for a bag of baby potatoes
10. Bottled tea…swap for loose-leaf bulk green tea, mint leaves or other herbs
11. Double or triple your normal recipes and freeze the leftovers
After you try one of these, let me know what you think!
Your health is just too valuable.
Beyond Body Mind Spirit NYC