Too busy? Want healthy food that tastes great? Have 15 minutes or less?
If you want to have more energy, a sharper mind, and feel less stress, try this! It is a beautiful combination of potatoes, fresh green beans, and Roma tomatoes- hence the name, tricolore.
GREEN BEANS are really part of the legume family and just as nutritious with potassium, calcium and B complex vitamins, but are often easier to digest than legumes.
TOMATOES are full of vitamin C, carotenoids, B complex, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, lycopene (a natural sunscreen).
POTATOES are full of vitamin C, B complex and potassium… and are right under the skin, so don’t peel them!
It will leave you satisfied, energetic and nurtured.
1 pound fresh green beans
3 large Roma tomatoes3 large red potatoes
5-8 garlic cloves
½ cup olive oil
8-10 fresh basil leaves
Salt to taste
- Clean green beans and cut them in half. Steam until tender or if you like, al dente.
- Boil potatoes until well cooked
- Slice tomatoes and potatoes into medium-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables.
- Peel the garlic and mash it, or grate the garlic very small. (You can reduce the amount of garlic if you like but this is what makes the salad so tasty.)
- Chop fresh basil very small.
- Combine the garlic, basil, salt, and olive oil and mix well. Add to vegetables and mix well. Let sit for half an hour so that the oil and garlic soak in.