Upset about the State of the World?
These are challenging times. With the Arab spring uprising in Tunisia and Egypt, the summer uprising in Europe and the fall uprising in the United States, the state of the world is changing.
And change for many of us is messy, uncertain and scary. For others it is exciting, a time to confront our beliefs and a time to overcome our fears.
And for most of us, a little of both.
We are all affected by the energies around us. And if we allow the negativity of the outer environment or the inner mental chatter, it can really wear our body down.
So, here’s a powerful meditation
I tried and immediately felt it healing my body. According to my teacher, Yogi Bhajan, the master of Kundalini Yoga, it will change your cellular and central nervous systems. give you renewed health, power, and intuition, and heal the physical, mental and spiritual bodies.
- Sit in Easy Pose or cross-legged with a straight spine. If in a chair, feet flat on the ground. Keep your chin in and your chest out.
- Raise your right arm straight up with the palm facing forward. Stretch your left arm straight out to the side parallel to the floor with the palm facing down. Split the fingers of each hand so that the pinkie and ring fingers are together and the middle and index fingers are together. There is a space between your ring and middle fingers.
- Close your eyes and meditate. Time: 11 minutes maximum.
- To finish, inhale deeply, hold your breath for 10 seconds as you stretch your arms and tighten your entire body. Exhale and repeat this 2 more times.
- Note: If you wish to chant with this meditation, say “Har, Haray, Haree, Wahe Guru,” pronouncing each “r” as a “d.” You can chant it out loud or mentally.
- Also, if you practice this for several days (40 days is suggested), alternate the arm position each day.
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at MRisa@BeyondBodyMindSpirit.com.
“Enjoy Healthy” in every aspect of your life,
P.S. This is one of our 365 Yoga LIVE classes offered 7 days a week. Doing it together at Noon lifts us all up. And it will make that argument with your boss or the state of the world a lot easier to handle.