Here’s my recipe for the New Year. (Just add yoga and meditation for extra umph!)
According to Yogi Bhajan, Yogi Tea is good for the blood, colon, nervous system, and bones. Good for colds, flu, and physical weakness…and so much more.
- 10 ounces water
- 2 slices fresh ginger root
- 3 cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods, cracked
- 4 black peppercorns
- ½ stick cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black tea (a teabag)
- ½ cup milk or equivalent
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil and add the spices.
- Cover and continue boiling for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add black tea and let steep for 1-2 minutes.
- Add honey and milk, bring to a boil, and remove from heat. Strain and serve.
- Makes about 4 cups.
It’s often easier to make a gallon at a time and store in the refrigerator (without the milk). Then it can be taken cold in the morning as a liver cleanse and heated up with milk.
Let me know how you like it!